8.21.2007

First Day!

Wow, this past week has flown by. Work started today, which was both exciting and a little scary... I was late to the full meeting this morning at 7:30, but only by a couple minutes, and I still arrived in time to introduce myself to everyone alongside the other new employees. The rest of the day went pretty smoothly except for this afternoon's torrential downpour, and I'm pretty pleased overall.

I'm trying to figure out how to upload this great noise I found of a Costa Rican gecko so all you excited fans can hear exactly what they sound like-- it's kind of a combination clicking/kissing/etc noise, and it cracks me up. Oh well, I guess you can all Google geckos if you're really that interested.




So, Costa Rica. I am impressed every day by the natural beauty that surrounds me. After spending the past four years in an urban environment , the lush Costa Rican landscape is a welcome change for me. It's easy to see how one can get caught up in the "Pura Vida" lifestyle here and never want to leave. "Pura Vida" is sort of the Costa Rican motto. Literally, it translates as "Pure Life," but more than that it symbolizes the entire pace of life here in Costa Rica. Nothing is done in a hurry, and nothing is done stressfully. This is especially evident because I live in a beach community-- it's normal to see people wandering around in flip-flops, bathing suits, and other beachwear at all times of day. I have to say, I do enjoy it...



...this is a picture from Playa Conchal, which is about a 10-minute walk from where I live. We spent pretty much all morning there over the weekend (at least, until the rainy afternoon), and I think I might just be addicted to beach living.

Maybe I can just blame my lackadaisical blogging attitude on the Pura Vida lifestyle. :)

2 comentarios:

Nana dijo...

Hello, my darlin',

I added a link to you from Justin and my blog! If you want to add those side columns, you can do it by going to "Manage Layout" on your dashboard, then "Add a Page Element." The rest is kind of intuitive.

I am THRILLED that you like the C.R.! Stay in touch!

xoxo

Nana

Matteo dijo...

So I just now checked my gmail spam and it put your e-mail that had the blog address in it! So I'm glad to be able to read up and somewhat catch up with you and your vida pura y loca in Costa Rica.

we need to have some sort of catch up time soon lol :P