8.18.2007

a different world

Okay, I had wholly intended to blog much more frequently than I have, but by the time I sit down to write, a dozen more blog-worthy events have transpired, and I don't know where to begin. This past Friday night was... interesting, to say the least. I went exploring the local nightlife with several of my co-workers; the evening culminated at one of the biggest bars/nightclubs in the area, which had great music but was filled with gringo tourists.

Also, interesting fact of the day: San Jose, Costa Rica was the third city in the entire world to get electricity in the 1880s, after New York and Paris. Crazy, huh?

...So every time I start a blog entry (like this one), I lose momentum part way through. Hm.

In more interesting news, yesterday morning I discovered a baby gecko (!) in the corner of my bedroom, and I am absolutely delighted about it. He looks something like this, but about two inches long:


Now, some of you might not like little lizard-y things, but I promise, the little gecko is adorable. Plus, he won major points with me by eating a bug; after all, that's what geckos do. Anyway, I totally terrified him, and he ran away, but not before he tried to sell me some car insurance. I have decided to name him Claude. He also makes this crazy clicking noise that I tend to enjoy, except for when it happens at 4 in the morning (as it did this morning) and wakes me up. Ah, gecko night terrors. But basically, ever since Claude showed up, the millipede numbers in my room are down (I used to see them everywhere), and I have yet to see another terrifying spider. So basically, Claude is my new best friend.

Not to be an old woman (it's 8:15pm), but I think I'm going to sign off and get ready for bed... I promise more exciting adventures (and/or gecko news) soon. :)

No hay comentarios: